What to Expect
Every patient is unique and our goal is to meet the needs of each patient in supplying the items prescribed by your physician. Although your specific needs may be different, the steps below provide an overview of the process to receiving your custom-made or custom-fit orthotic(s).
The physician prescribes an orthosis, giving the patient a prescription for the item and noting the patient’s medical necessity in the physician office visit medical record.
The patient calls 865-588-4256 to schedule the first of two appointments.
The patient brings prescription to Choice O&P, and is seen for fit/measurements/casting and to gather insurance information. Following this, the physician medical records dictation is obtained and a letter of medical necessity is signed by the physician. Without these records, we are unable to proceed.
Insurance Verification and Authorization
Choice O&P requests authorization from the insurance company; or if covered by Medicare/Medicaid, all records are reviewed to verify insurance compliance. The patient is notified by phone of their estimated portion of the balance due and a deposit will be collected if the item is custom-made.
Once the orthosis is ordered or custom fabricated, the patient is scheduled for the delivery appointment, At the appointment the patient pays their balance, the orthosis is fitted to the patient, including any adjustments needed and insurance is billed. Follow-up appointments for adjustments will be made by the patient.
Choice O&P provides a variety of items to:
- Help patients heal following a trauma or procedure
- Support an area of the body due to weakness or imbalance
- Increase functioning and mobility
- Properly align the foot, ankle and/or hip
- Improve your gait
- Relieve pain
Items provided may be off-the-shelf, custom-fit or custom-made. This determination is based upon each patient’s functioning as well as the prescription/order made by a healthcare practitioner. We work closely with the physicians, physical therapists and occupational therapists who refer patients to us.
- Ankle Foot Orthoses (AFO’s)
- Ankle Supports
- Arizona Braces
- Dynamic Ankle Foot Orthoses (DAFO’s)
- Heel and Sole lifts
- Orthotic Shoe Inserts (Off the shelf and Custom Made)
- Richie Braces
- Elbow Braces
- Shoulder Abduction Braces
- Wrist Braces
- Cervical Thoracic Orthosis
- Cervical Collars
- Cervical Traction
- Canes (not kept in stock but can be ordered)
- Crutches (may have to be ordered, depending on size/type needed)
- Walkers (may have to be ordered, depending on size/type needed)
Spinal and Shoulder
- Cruciform Anterior Spinal Hyperextension (CASH) Braces
- Helmets- protective, not custom molded
- Knee Braces
- Lumbar Support Orthoses (LSO’s)
- Orthopedic Shoes (covered when attached to a brace, self-pay if not attached)
- QuickDraw back braces
- Scoliosis and Kyphoid braces
- Thoracolumbosacral Support Orthoses (TLSO’s)